Bartercard is a simple, flexible barter system that converts slow moving stock, downtime, spare capacity or vacant seats into extra sales.
Why barter in business?
Business owners love bartering because it saves them cash; moves excess stock or idle inventory and fills up their downtime or spare capacity. Chances are you have conducted a one-to-one barter deal in the past and the outcome was win-win.
However, while these direct barter deals can be effective, they lack flexibility, which limits how often they may occur. The challenge with a direct one-on-one barter is you might want something that one business has but they may not want what you have. By creating a currency of trade dollars you can barter-trade conveniently with up to 24,000 members worldwide.
How does it work?
Bartercard has created a flexible, secure and fully accountable way for businesses to barter their goods and services with businesses all around the country and the world. Bartercard is one of the largest B2B networks with over 24,000 business members who are now effectively using barter to
- gain new customers, who generate increased sales income
- move excess stock or utilise downtime
- free up cash to pay existing expenses
- increase profits from introduction of new business
By using Bartercard you earn trade dollars for the goods and services you sell and this value is recorded electronically in your member account (similar to a bank account).
You then spend your credit balance (or draw on your interest- free line of credit) on goods or services from any other Bartercard member. It offers you completely flexible trading because…
- you don’t have to purchase from the same business that purchases from you
- you can spend with anyone locally, nationally and internationally
- you can sell now and buy later, or buy now and sell later
- and you can use the interest free line of credit as working capital, even before making a sale